Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Our landlord home emergency insurance means you can take the drama out of an emergency, and get repairs to your rental property made swiftly and easily.

  • Three levels of home emergency cover, starting with emergency repairs to the primary heating system
  • Extend to cover emergency repairs to your plumbing, drainage and water/gas supply, securing your property after an accident or break in, and dealing with pest infestations 
  • Access to a 24 hour helpline and network of reliable UK tradesmen.

Landlord home emergency can be added to your Simple Landlords Insurance policy.

  • Call 0808 172 5600

  • Open Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm - for a chat.

What does landlord home emergency insurance cover?

Three levels of protection to choose from

Home emergency can be added on to your Simple Landlords Insurance policy, with three levels to choose from. Get a basic landlord boiler breakdown policy, or pick more comprehensive landlord home emergency cover, which includes things like your drains and pest infestations, or extend to a full  landlord home emergency PLUS policy - which covers up to £1,500 of emergency cover over 12 months. 

24-hour helpline for home emergencies

If the boiler breaks down, if a pipe bursts, if there’s mice in the loft or a window gets broken at 2am, tenants expect you to deal with the problem day or night. With landlord home emergency cover from Simple Landlords Insurance you’ve got access to a 24 hour helpline, and a national network of reputable tradesmen who can get things fixed, fast.

Peace of mind for busy landlords

Domestic disasters can cost landlords time and money, and if you don’t want to be the one personally sorting everything out, a home emergency policy could be for you. You get peace of mind and a peaceful life, while your tenants get any problems sorted out quickly and easily.

Home emergency insurance, depending on the package you choose, is designed to protect you (and your tenants) in the event of a home emergency.

A home emergency is something that requires emergency repairs. These repairs may be to the primary heating system, drains, broken windows and doors – or to fix pest infestations.

Peeling wallpaper, funny smells, a broken flush or a dripping tap – trust us, we’ve heard them all! It has to be a proper emergency where your property is at risk of damage, or your tenants are at risk of major discomfort. Make sure you check the ‘What is Covered’ and ‘What is Not Covered’ sections in your policy documents.

Home emergency insurance is not a legal requirement. However, many landlords choose to take it out because they want the extra peace of mind to know that if something goes wrong, then the issue will be stabilised to prevent further damage or risk to the property.

It’s particularly useful for landlords who don’t do property investment full time, don’t live nearby their rental property, or don’t have networks of handymen and service professionals on call.

Simple Landlord’s most basic package is for boiler breakdown, and that costs £39.99 for a year - less than £3.50 a month. More information about this here

The next level up is standard home emergency insurance, which costs £49.99 a year, which works out at just over £4 a month.

Our home emergency PLUS policy costs £69.99 a year, which works out at around £6 a month.

Yes, Simple Landlord’s home emergency policy does cover emergency boiler repairs. However, it’s important to note that if your boiler is over 15 years old or not serviced annually, it won’t be covered!

For both standard and home emergency PLUS policies, it is important that you have your boiler serviced each year and keep the certificate as proof, in case you need to make a claim.

Standard policy: If you take out our standard policy, we can cover up to £500 (including VAT) per incident. This includes call out charges, parts, materials and up to two hours of labour. We can pay up to £1,000 in total emergency repairs over your 12-month cover period. .

Home emergency PLUS: If you take out home emergency PLUS, we can cover up to £1,500 in total emergency repairs over your 12-month cover period (£500 more than with our standard policy) and up to £500 towards a replacement boiler.

Related landlord insurance products
Landlord Contents Insurance
Landlord contents insurance
Landlord Building Insurance
Landlord building insurance
Non-Standard Landlord Insurance
Non-standard landlord insurance
Landlord boiler cover
Landlord boiler insurance
Landlord insurance articles
5 top tips for happy tenants
5 top tips for happy tenants
landlord insurance jargon buster
Landlord insurance jargon buster
Top Tips For Finding Tenants
10 top tips for finding tenants
Is in investing in flats a good idea?
Is investing in flats a good idea?