Simple Landlords Insurance

Get a quote Retrieve quote call us 0808 172 5600

Landlord Contents Insurance

If you’re renting out a furnished property, you need to make sure you can repair or replace broken, damaged or stolen items on a new-for-old basis. Even if it’s part furnished, or just includes carpets and curtains, with Simple Landlords contents insurance you know you’ll be covered if they get damaged.

Landlord contents insurance quotes

Get peace of mind with comprehensive contents insurance from £5,000 to £50,000.

Get a quote

What does contents insurance cover?

Our contents insurance includes:

  • Cover from £5,000 to £50,000 to protect the appliances and furniture on your property
  • Cover for your contents in the event of fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, earthquake or storm, floods, falling trees, collision by an animal or vehicle, and even things dropping from the sky
  • Cover for leaking water or oil from your heating or pipes
  • Cover for ground movement, subsidence or landslip
  • Cover for theft or attempted theft, malicious damage or vandalism (but only by third parties – not by your tenants - you’ll need extra malicious damage cover for that).

For more information please take a look at the full policy documents - which show exactly what you’ll be covered for.

What is landlord contents insurance?

Landlords contents insurance is cover for what’s inside your rental property.

Generally, if you turned your property upside down and shook it, everything that would fall out counts as the contents (so the sofa, but not the kitchen units). And if this or some other disaster should occur, you need insurance to cover the cost of replacing things like the property’s furniture and appliances.

As a landlord you’ll need to cover anything that belongs to you in the property - and your tenants will need their own contents insurance to cover their own belongings.

Landlords contents insurance covers damage, rather than gradual wear and tear over time.

Is landlord contents insurance compulsory?

Contents insurance isn’t compulsory, but replacing things like carpets can be a big expense versus what you’ll pay for an insurance policy. It’s worth thinking through what you’d do in a worst case scenario and weighing up the risks and costs.

Can I just insure the contents of my property?

Yes, you can usually take out a contents insurance policy on its own, and a buildings insurance policy on its own. Many companies, however, offer a combination of buildings and contents insurance as the best way to protect your property.

How does landlord contents insurance work?

You can usually get a quote online, or call up an insurance company to talk through your insurance needs. You’ll be asked about your contents, including any particularly expensive or high value items. Have a think about what’s in your property that you’ll need to cover – and what it would realistically cost to replace - before you get a quote.

Get a quote

Call 0808 172 5600
open weekdays 9am-8pm, Saturdays 9am-5pm, and Sundays 10am-4pm - for a chat.