Broken heating, leaking roofs and blocked drains are not only hassle to repair, but they can cause disruption and discomfort to your tenants and cause damage to your property.
With our home emergency cover, whatever happens, you can resolve the emergency - fast. And you can choose from three different levels of cover, to suit your properties.
1. Boiler breakdown
Our boiler breakdown cover includes:
- Emergency repairs to your property’s primary heating system
- Access to a nationwide network of reputable tradesman, so you can get someone in quickly to complete an emergency repair and prevent damage to your rental property
- Up to £500 for emergency repairs from a single incident - including call out charges, parts and 2 hours labour
- Up to £1,000 in emergency repairs to your property over your 12 month cover period
- A £500 contribution towards replacing the boiler if emergency repairs are going to cost more than a new boiler would.
Our boiler breakdown cover costs £39.99 for a year - less than £3.50 a month.
2. Home emergency cover
Our home emergency cover includes:
- Emergency repairs to the primary heating system, drainage and water services, securing broken windows and doors - and dealing with pest infestations
- Access to a 24 hour helpline and a network of reputable tradesmen
- Up to £500 (inc VAT) for emergency repairs from a single incident - including call out charges, parts, material and up to 2 hours of labour
- Up to £1,000 total emergency repairs to your property over your 12 month cover period.
Our home emergency cover costs £49.99 for a year - just over £4 a month.
3. Home emergency PLUS
Our Home emergency PLUS policy includes:
- Everything in our standard home emergency package, but now you also get:
- Up to £1,500 in total emergency repairs to your property over your 12 month cover period
- A £500 contribution to replace the boiler if emergency repairs are going to cost more than a new boiler would.
Our home emergency PLUS costs £69.99 for a year - around £6 a month.
What we need from you:
- Make sure your boiler is less than 15 years old if you have Boiler Breakdown or Emergency Plus policies
- If you take out standard Home emergency cover, we need your boiler to be less than 10 years old
- Get your boiler serviced every year – and make sure you keep the certificate. If it’s not maintained, you won’t be able to claim
- Give us a ring on our claims line as soon as you’ve been notified of the emergency - that way you’re on the system and we can process your claim quickly and easily
- Ask yourself is it an emergency! This product doesn’t cover routine issues, wear and tear, or everyday hiccups.
Things we won’t cover:
- We can’t cover really old boilers - sorry.
- We can’t cover things that happened before you took out home emergency cover, or anything that happens within 48 hours of your taking out your policy
- We won’t cover claims which arise due to neglect or lack of maintenance. So if you’ve not looked after your boiler properly and had it serviced every year, this bit of your policy could be invalid
- We can only cover the cost of fixing your emergency - not fixing any other damage that occurs. (So that means we’ll stop your leak under your home emergency policy, but not fix the water damage around it – that would come under your buildings insurance instead)
- Home emergency cover means you’ll get a quick, temporary fix until a permanent solution can be sorted (unless the permanent solution would cost the same or less)
- This policy won’t cover you for events which aren’t emergencies - so if it’s not going to cause damage to your property or significant discomfort to your tenants, it’s not an ‘emergency’. (For instance getting a plumber to fix your heating during the height of summer might not be classed as a home emergency, and wouldn’t be covered under this policy).
Want to find out more?
Get a quote