If you want to cover yourself so you’re not out of pocket in the event of everyday household accidents, our accidental damage cover means you can make a claim to replace or repair stuff that gets broken in your property.
However, if your legal tenants deliberately do damage, you won’t be covered unless you’ve also got malicious damage cover. With malicious damage cover we can help you fix whatever mess they’ve made, as quickly as possible.
Our accidental damage cover includes:
- Cover for any accidental damage to your property or contents, right up to the limit of your buildings or contents insurance
Our malicious damage cover includes:
- Up to £5,000 worth of malicious damage caused by tenants
- Up to £1,000 for items stolen by tenants
- Cover for internal structure damage – for instance as a result of your tenants running a cannabis farm from your property
Things we don’t cover:
- Accidental damage by pets - if you choose to let pets into your property please be aware we can’t cover scratched curtains, urine-stained carpets, or other pet-based damage!
- We can’t cover damage that’s happened when the building has been unoccupied for more than 60 days. Unloved and empty buildings are more likely to get hurt - sorry
- We can’t cover damage from dry or wet rot, fungus or vermin
- We can’t cover any damage that’s done during building work, or your own (or your tenants) DIY efforts
For more information please take a look at the full policy documents - which show exactly what you’ll be covered for.
Alternatively, give us a ring on 0808 172 5600 to chat to our friendly staff - or get online and get a quote.
Get a quote