If something happens to your house or flat and your tenants can’t live there, you might have to make sure they’ve got a roof over their head while you fix the problem. B&Bs can be expensive, so with our alternative accommodation cover you’ll be able to get us to pay for it.
If the problem is a serious one that’s going to take a while to fix, your tenants will have to find somewhere else to live. Once they’re out of your alternative accommodation, our loss of rent cover takes over. It means we’ll pay your normal rental fees for up to 2 years while work takes place to fix the damage to your property. Phew.
Our alternative accommodation cover includes:
- Help from our team to find a decent B&B or hotel in your local area
- Up to 12 months cover, or up to 20% of your Buildings Sum Insured figure (that’s how much it would cost to rebuild your property from its foundations) as standard
- You could also choose to pay more to upgrade your alternative accommodation cover – up to 24 months or up to the 30% of your Buildings Sum Insured figure
Our loss of rent cover includes:
- Up to 12 months cover, or up to 20% of your Buildings Sum Insured figure. (So if you had set your Buildings Sum Insured at £100,000, you’d get 12 months of standard rent, up to £20,000)
- You could also choose to pay more to upgrade your loss of rent cover – up to the 30% of your Buildings Sum Insured figure or 2 years of monthly rent
Things we don’t cover:
- We can only provide alternative accommodation OR loss of rent cover – not both at the same time!
- We can’t go over your 20/30% or the 12/24 month limit you’ve set. Whichever comes first, once you’ve reached the limit of your policy it can’t be extended
For more information please take a look at the full policy documents - which show exactly what you’ll be covered for.
Alternatively, give us a ring on 0808 172 5600 to chat to our friendly staff - or get online and get a quote.